- Covid 19
- Business Advocacy
- Explore Loveland
LOVELAND, Colo. – Nationally known speaker and author Dr. Michelle May and local experts will be inspiring women with ways they can take charge of their own health at an upcoming health symposium focused on mindfulness.
As the keynote speaker, May will present a powerful, research proven technique to empower women to make the right choices for themselves. Her message, which focuses on mindful eating, can be applied to many aspects of a person’s life.
“Diets are restrictive and unsustainable, leaving the dieter feeling guilty and disappointed,” according to May. “My goal is to help people recognize and cope with their triggers for mindless and emotional overeating, rediscover joy in physical activity and effectively nourish their body, mind, heart and spirit.”
The Northern Colorado Women’s Health Symposium is presented by The Women’s Clinic of Northern Colorado and UCHealth.
It will be held from 10 a.m. until 3:15 p.m. April 15 in the Longs Peak conference room on the lower level of Medical Center of the Rockies, 2500 Rocky Mountain Ave., Loveland, Cost is $25 per person. To register, go to www.takechargeofyourhealthnoco.wordpress.com or call 970.495.7500.
Participants will receive a copy of Dr. May’s book, “Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat,” enjoy a guided, mindful meal and participate in interactive sessions with local physicians and other community experts.
The breakout session topics and presenters include:
• Mindful Wellness/Am I Hungry, by Dr. May and Deanna O’Connell
• Nutrition to Feed My Body and Soul, by Melissa Wdowik, PhD
• How Eating Affects My Hormones, by Dr. Bev Donnelley
• Pediatric Considerations for Children and Families, by Martha Gouldy
• Biofeedback for Stress Management, by Jen Strating
• Women’s Heart Health, by Dr. Wendy Austin
• Metabolic medicine, by Dr. James Hendrick
• Is Bariatric Surgery Right for Me? by Becki Mudgett
For more information about the symposium, go to takechargeofyourhealthnoco.wordpress.com or contact Janet Werst at [email protected] or 970.495.7504.